Holes don't match up and as it was a last moment thought I'll stick to the oem plastic ones for now. After all I don't intend to keep this one forever and all the fittings could add up to a great deal of money
Also I had the opportunity to do a little more today, but the boat is back home now here are some pics anyway:
Rubbing strips back on. They look fine, yes you can see the join bit its not any issue at all.
Cable cover things also now on. I didn't notice until it was time to fit them, but they are slightly different. The height difference is also intentional. I wanted them straight, but they were previously drilled holes (not by me).
One of the most terrifying jobs so far. Drilling into the brand new transom to fit the motor well drain tube.
And also the bilge drain plug. I did consider not doing this since the pump would be there at all times, but since its nice to leave open just in case over winter etc, I decided it could go on.
A perfectly dry core - and long may it stay that way! Obviously this was sealed up before the drain plug etc was fitted.
Back seats up in position and the drain plug just visible. I didn't take any close ups just yet.
Also had a bracket arrive today for the outboard. Need to get a newer style tilt/trim unit. That's proving tricky at the moment. Hopefully rapid progress on the engine front will happen now the hull is ready to accept an engine!!!